Canon Printer Mx700 Error Code 6a80
Are you getting the error code 6A80 on your Canon PIXMA MX700 printer? This printer error generally occurs when the paper is not loaded properly into the printer. Sometimes, you might get the error code 6A80 due to printing issues. Continue reading the troubleshooting steps given below to fix the Canon printer (MX700) Error Code 6A80.
Solution 1: Power cycle your printer:
Sometimes, you might get false error codes on the LCD of your printer. In such cases, you can restart your printer to identify if it is a false code.
- To begin with, turn off your Canon printer.
- Unplug the power cord of your printer from the power supply.
- Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet.
- Restart your printer and check if the error reappears on the LCD.
- If the error persists, try the next solution.
Solution 2: Check the loaded paper
There are chances for the Canon printer (MX700) Error Code 6A80 to occur if the paper is not loaded properly into the printer, as mentioned earlier. Follow these steps to troubleshoot the issues related to the loaded paper.
- Turn off your printer and let it cool down for a while.
- Next, open the paper tray and check for any jammed paper inside it.
- If a paper is jammed inside your printer, remove it gently without damaging the internal parts.
- Check for the presence of any foreign objects. If yes, clear them.
- Remove the loaded paper and fan the sheets well.
- Reload the paper stack into the paper tray and adjust it properly using the paper guides.
- To avoid paper jam issues in the future, use printer-supported media.
- Remember not to adjust the paper guides tightly against the paper stack.
- Push the paper tray back into the printer.
- Restart the printer and check if the problem is resolved.
- If your Canon printer (MX700) shows the error code 6A80 again on the LCD, reset the printer.
- If you find the problem is with printing, reinstall the printer driver on your computer.
For assistance in resolving the Canon Printer MX700 Error Code 6A80 issues, click the Call button on this page and contact our technical experts.